Solar Thermal Service and Maintenance
Solar Thermal Service & Maintenance Information
Solar Thermal systems require regular maintenance to keep them operating optimally. Like any mechanical system looking after them correctly will increase both performance and life span.
Solar thermal systems can vary in size, output, type and manufacturer may require a variety of works dependent on these factors.
Our standard solar thermal service and maintenance follows a checklist to ensure that the system is performing correctly. It includes nine checks on the solar circuit and a variety of other electrical checks, checks on the pipe-work and insulation, examinations of the controller’s parameters, wiring and functionality and analysis of the cylinder’s position, controls and potential leaks.
Service & Maintenance Schedule – – Required Annually
- Conduct visual inspection of the system.
- File condition report with recommendations.
- Check solar pressure vessel condition and setting.
- Check sensor readings, positions and connections and inspect the pump station.
- Inspect and report the operation of safety valves on the solar circuit.
- Check for air in the system and bleed if required.
- Check system operation – diagnose faults if not operating correctly.
- Check glycol ratio and replace or top-up depending on condition.
- Service the pressurised domestic hot water cylinder (where applicable).
- Check the operation and the timing of the immersion heater.
- Other checks and tests may be required depending on manufacturer guidelines.
- Produce servicing certificate
Solar Thermal Additional Services
As well as servicing and maintaining your ASHP system we also offer a number of other products and services to compliment your existing installation.
Service Follow On – Carry out repairs to rectify any issues.
During the service, it may become apparent that various parts and materials require replacing or repairing as they have not been maintained for a number of years. We will detail what is required and report back to you with a quotation for further works.
Radiator Power Flush – Improve radiator output performance.
We often come across properties where the radiator heating systems have not had any maintenance carried out on them. Any radiators over 3 years old are likely to be full of sludge making the heating system very inefficient. It is suggested that the radiator system is power flushed (5 – 6 hours) to improve the output and efficiency of the heating system.
Radiator Upgrades – Improve the efficiency of your heating system.
any heating systems have incorrectly sized radiators meaning that the boiler or heat pump has to operate at higher temperatures and do not work efficiently. It is recommended that incorrectly sized radiators are upgraded to improve overall efficiency.
Smart Thermostat Upgrade – Control your heating from anywhere.
Would you like to control your heating when out and about or from your armchair? There are a range of wireless internet-enabled thermostats available to compliment your energy-efficient heating.
For further information please contact one of the team.
Call us on 01244 405285 or contact us here
Frequency of maintenance may increase depending upon the equipment and local water conditions e.g. hard water, scale forming, water containing a high proportion of solids.
Parts required for repairs not included and will be quoted separately.