Heat Pump Servicing and Maintenance
Keep Your Heat Pump Working Efficiently
Regular servicing and maintenance of your Heat Pump whether Ground Source or Air Source can prolong the life expectancy of the system, reduce breakdowns and prevent costly call outs. Heat Pump manufacturers recommend that the frequency of maintenance visits to be no longer than 12 months between inspections.
Ensuring the system is maintained and performing efficiently allows you to rest assured that your heat pump continues to be covered by warranty and more importantly that your property will be warm all winter.
Service & Maintenance Schedule – Required Annually
Inspect and clean evaporator fins. Repair damaged fins using a fin comb if required.
- Check visually for signs of oil leaks which may indicate a refrigerant leak (check for leaks if necessary).
- Check integrity of water pipe work and lagging, repair lagging if required.
- Check system operation – diagnose faults if not operating correctly.
- Check the antifreeze and if necessary top up the concentration as per manufacturers recommendations.
- Check and clean the fernox TFI magnetic particle filter.
- Check system pressure – diagnose fault and top up if required.
- Release any air from the primary/heating systems.
- Check for the correct operation and temperature setting of the thermostats.
- Check the operation of the zone valves.
- Check the operation and the timing of the immersion heater.
- Other checks and tests may be required depending on manufacturers guidelines.
Air Source Heat Pump (ASHP) Additional Services
As well as servicing and maintaining your ASHP system we also offer a number of other products and services to compliment your existing installation.
Re-Commissioning – Ensure the system is operating correctly
It has been noted that systems are often not installed and commissioned correctly at the time of installation meaning they will never work correctly. It is suggested that each ASHP is recommissioned following manufactures guidelines and successful commissioning confirmed.
Service Follow On – Carry out repairs to rectify any issues
During the service it may become apparent that various parts and materials require replacing or repairing as they have not been maintained for a number of years. We will detail what is required and report back to you with a quotation for further works.
Radiator Power Flush – Improve radiator output performance
We often come across properties where the radiator heating systems have not had any maintenance carried out on them. Any radiators over 3 years old are likely to be full of sludge making the heating system very inefficient. It is suggested that the radiator system is power flushed (5 – 6 hours) to improve the output and efficiency of the heating system.
Radiator Upgrades – Improve the efficiency of your heating system
Many heating systems that ASHP’s have been installed on have incorrectly sized radiators meaning that the ASHP have to operate at higher temperatures and do not work efficiently. It is recommended that incorrectly sized radiators are upgraded to improve overall efficiency.
System Training – Understand how to operate your system correctly
Included as part of the general ASHP service, understanding the correct way to use an ASHP system will greatly improve the efficiency of the system. Can be offered as an independent service.
Smart Thermostat Upgrade – Control your heating from anywhere
Would you like to control your heating when out and about or from your armchair? There are a range of wireless internet enabled thermostats available to compliment your energy efficient heating.
Call us on 01244 405285 or email us at email@example.com
Frequency of maintenance may increase dependent upon the equipment and local water conditions e.g. hard water, scale forming, water containing a high proportion of solids.
Parts required for repairs not included and will be quoted separately.