Tesla Powerwall – What Are The Benefits?
Here at the Greener Group, we are now certified Tesla Powerwall installers. You can combine this with your solar energy system to power your home independently, meaning you will be in charge of your own energy, reducing your reliance on the grid and overall minimising your energy costs.
How does Powerwall work and what can I use it for?
Tesla Powerwall is a form of battery storage, mainly used for self-powering the home. It allows you to use your solar energy that has been accumulated during the day to power your home at night, or you can even use it to charge an electric car.
Typically, solar energy will generate more energy than your household requires, and so Powerwall will store this excess energy for you to use at your own demand. At times, if your home is consuming more energy than what your solar system is providing, the stored-up energy saved in Powerwall will be used for your home usage.
Powerwall can also be used as a backup power source in case of outages, meaning that your home will continue to run as normal since Powerwall detects the outage and will automatically discharge power into your home. This will also maximise energy savings, as if you do lose power, Powerwall will draw from the battery’s power during peak times.
Benefits of Powerwall
- You will be in control of your energy from anywhere by downloading the Tesla mobile app, you can monitor your home energy use 24/7.
- Powerwall can be integrated with your existing solar system, or combined at the time of your solar energy installation.
- You can set Powerwall into Time-Based Control if your utility offers a time-of-use rate plan to optimise savings.
- Installation is easy and requires no maintenance. Can be installed indoors or outdoors, floor or wall mounted.
- It is a compact and simple design with no exposed wires, making it child and pet friendly.
- Water-resistant and dustproof.
- If installed in your home, it will work with little to no noise.
- It comes with a 10-year unlimited cycle warranty.
If you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to contact us either by telephone: 01244 405285 or alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com.